Thursday, April 16, 2015

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Rain, rain, go away, come again another day!  That's my theme song this week!  It's been raining the past few days here in North Carolina and, even though we need it, I'm ready for it to be gone.  Bring on the sunshine!

Our Stampendous Dreamweaver Stencils April challenge is "Showers to Showers" and this is my take on the theme this week:


Here's a close-up that shows the gloss from the paste and a little of the sparkle from the Spica pen on the main image raindrops:


Here's what I used to create this card:

Stampendous® Dreamweaver Stencils Rain Stencil
Stampendous® House-Mouse Designs® Rain Flower Stamp
Stampendous® Dreamweaver Stencils Translucent Paste
Yellow Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Blue Cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper®
Neenah® Classic Crest™ Solar White Cover Stock
Memento™ Tuxedo Black Ink by Tsukineko®
Tim Holtz® Distress Ink in Tumbled Glass
Copic® Markers: Y11, 15, 17; YG11, 13, 17; B91; E47, 50, 51, 53; R01, 02; C3, 4, 5
atyouSpica™ Clear Glitter Pen
May Arts Ribbon®
Beacon Adhesives
Scrapbook Adhesives® 3D Foam Mounting Squares by 3L®

Here's what I did to create this card:

Trim white cs to fit stencil
Tape stencil down over cs
Airbrush blue ink (B91) all over rain stencil
Leaving stencil and paper in place, add translucent paste over inked raindrops
Set this aside to drive
Stamp image onto white cs and color with markers, add distress ink all around image
Color over raindrops with glitter pen
Create an A2 card base from blue cs with a tent fold
Trim a piece of yellow cs a 1/4" smaller than card front
Trim a piece of yellow cs to mat behind image
Cut a piece of green ribbon and a piece of yellow ribbon and adhere the two together
Trim rain stenciled piece to fit 1/4" smaller than yellow cs
Add distress ink all over stenciled piece
Adhere stenciled piece to yellow cs and attach ribbon as shown
Adhere these layers to card base
Adhere stamped image to yellow mat
Using foam squares, attach image to card

Here's the links for the "A" team that is posting this week:

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I do hope you'll join us for our challenge this month!  In the meantime, have a wonderful day and I'll see you again soon!

Hugs,
Lea

10 comments:

  1. Great combination of raindrops and the House Mouse flower umbrella stamp very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! I love the rain drop background! You could send a bit of your rain to California. I am sure they would appreciate it,but isn't that the way it always goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling! I love those raindrop stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an adorable house mouse stamp!!! and those raindrops are a must have, huh? Love how you stenciled the raindrops with the airbrush and then used the translucent paste over the top for a bit of color, as usual your card has an upbeat fun feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so adorable! LOVE your take on April Showers! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Boy, that rain stencil with the translucent paste is really popular this week! Lol. Love this bright and happy card with the little House Mouse.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The stamp and stencil compliment each other so perfectly. Such bright colors and gorgeous design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully done. Since I have that rain drop stencil...you and Lynell have so inspired me to get it out and try this...thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lea! You won my bezels from my blog post! I could not get an email to you so I am leaving this note here. Email me your address and I will mail them to you!
    carmimail@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my blog, you are truly appreciated and have made my day brighter!